Comments for: Apartment fire triggered by clogged dryer vent leaves Bath residents homeless

Posted Jan. 17, 2012, at 2:20 p.m.
Last modified Jan. 17, 2012, at 6:15 p.m.

BATH | A dryer vent clogged with lint triggered a fire Monday night that has left the occupants of three apartments in Bath without a home. Bath Fire Chief Steve Hinds said one of the occupants, who called 911 before evacuating his neighbors from the building, “did everything right” …

Guidelines for posting on bangordailynews.com

The Bangor Daily News encourages comments about stories, but you must follow our terms of service.

  1. Keep it civil and stay on topic
  2. No vulgarity, racial slurs, name-calling or personal attacks.
  3. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked.
The primary rule here is pretty simple: Treat others with the same respect you'd want for yourself. Here are some guidelines (see more):

  • Anonymous

    Tragic. Most renters don’t carry insurance and its very reasonable.

  • Guest

    ….

    • Anonymous

      It may be costly to replace but 8 years of drying you’ve probably got your monies worth out of it, versus going to the laundromat.

  • Anonymous

    Lint screens should be cleaned after each dryer use.  It’s not all that hard to do.  Glad the apartment owner is OK.

  • Anonymous

    here’s a 3 minute YouTube video with how-to tips at the end to help clean your dryer vents.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vixNauSDz4 

Similar Articles