Wood stove may have ignited fire that destroyed Easton home

Easton Fire Department responds to a single-dwelling structure fire at 316 Station Road in Easton on Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2011.
Dave Allen photo special to the BDN
Easton Fire Department responds to a single-dwelling structure fire at 316 Station Road in Easton on Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2011.
Posted Dec. 14, 2011, at 6:52 p.m.

EASTON, Maine β€” An overheated wood stove is believed to have caused a fire that destroyed a home on Station Road here Wednesday morning.

Tonie Shannon, who owns the house with her husband, Jack, was home and called for help when she discovered the fire at about 10:15 a.m.

No one else was home and she was not injured, according to Easton Fire Chief Kim White.

The dwelling was totally involved when members of the Easton Fire Department arrived, said White, who suspects that β€œan overheated wood stove may have started the blaze.”

Twenty-two firefighters were on scene most of the day, according to White, with Presque Isle and Mars Hill departments providing mutual aid.

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/12/14/news/aroostook/wood-stove-may-have-ignited-fire-that-destroyed-easton-home/ printed on September 19, 2014