September 20, 2017
Aroostook Latest News | Poll Questions | National Monument | Opioid Epidemic | Hurricane Jose

Wood stove may have ignited fire that destroyed Easton home


Updated:
Dave Allen photo special to the BDN | BDN
Dave Allen photo special to the BDN | BDN
Easton Fire Department responds to a single-dwelling structure fire at 316 Station Road in Easton on Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2011.

EASTON, Maine — An overheated wood stove is believed to have caused a fire that destroyed a home on Station Road here Wednesday morning.

Tonie Shannon, who owns the house with her husband, Jack, was home and called for help when she discovered the fire at about 10:15 a.m.

No one else was home and she was not injured, according to Easton Fire Chief Kim White.

The dwelling was totally involved when members of the Easton Fire Department arrived, said White, who suspects that “an overheated wood stove may have started the blaze.”

Twenty-two firefighters were on scene most of the day, according to White, with Presque Isle and Mars Hill departments providing mutual aid.


Did we get something wrong? Please, Let us know, submit a correction.

You may also like