Firefighters extinguish blaze in Orono trailer, blame faulty water heater

By Nick McCrea, BDN Staff
Posted Nov. 29, 2011, at 2:42 p.m.

ORONO, Maine — Firefighters from Orono and Old Town made quick work of a trailer fire Tuesday morning at 25 Schoppe Drive.

The call came in around 11 a.m. that smoke was coming from the back bedroom area of the trailer, according to Orono fire Lt. Rob St. Louis.

“The fire was under control by 11:17,” St. Louis said.

In all, 22 firefighters and fire officials were on scene, according to the lieutenant.

“It appears the fire started at a faulty water heater in the back bedroom closet,” St. Louis said, and the damage was contained to the bedroom area.

One of the trailer’s three occupants was at home when the fire broke out, but escaped uninjured, according to St. Louis.

The three residents are staying with neighbors, St. Louis said.

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/11/29/news/bangor/firefighters-extinguish-blaze-in-orono-trailer-blame-faulty-water-heater/ printed on September 22, 2014