Bomb threat closes Bangor’s Cohen School

By Ryan McLaughlin, BDN Staff
Posted Nov. 29, 2011, at 3:33 p.m.

BANGOR, Maine — Students at the William S. Cohen School were evacuated from the building on Tuesday afternoon after a bomb threat was discovered.

Superintendent Betsy Webb said that the threat was written on a bathroom wall of the middle school and that students were dismissed for the day.

A subsequent search of the building revealed nothing, Webb said, and by 3:30 p.m. the building had been cleared for re-entry. All extracurricular activities were cancelled for the afternoon.

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/11/29/news/bangor/bomb-threat-closes-bangor%e2%80%99s-cohen-school/ printed on December 27, 2014