September 25, 2017
Bangor Latest News | Poll Questions | Hurricane Maria | Ayla Reynolds | Obamacare

Electrical problem caused fire in Levant

By Dawn Gagnon, BDN Staff
Updated:

LEVANT, Maine — An electrical problem was cited as the cause of a fire Monday night that caused heavy damage to a historic farmhouse and attached barn on Stetson Road West.

Sgt. Timothy York of the State Fire Marshal’s Office said Tuesday that an investigator who went to the fire scene Tuesday determined that the fire began at the electrical service in the barn and that it was accidental in nature.

The residence, which once was part of a cattle farm, dated to 1853, Levant Assistant Fire Chief Nathan Peary said at the scene Monday night.

The farmstead is owned by John and Nyla Hicks and was insured.

Members of the Hicks family were at home when the fire began about 6:40 p.m. Everyone, including the family’s dogs and pet rabbit, made it out safely.


Did we get something wrong? Please, Let us know, submit a correction.

You may also like