BANGOR, Maine — Police responded to a stabbing Thursday night that is the third knife assault reported in the Queen City in the last three days, Bangor police Sgt. Jim Buckley said Friday.
“Someone got cut on the arm, nothing serious,” the sergeant said of the latest stabbing, reported at around 10 p.m. Thursday.
The 30-year-old male victim from Bangor, who was found on State Street in the vicinity of Judy’s bar, told police he was cut on Essex Street earlier in the evening.
“He claims someone pushed him and he didn’t realize until after that he was bleeding,” Buckley said, adding that no weapon was found and no one was arrested.
The man cut Thursday and two others who suffered knife injuries early Wednesday were all taken to Eastern Maine Medical Center with injuries that were not life-threatening, police said.
The knife assault Thursday is not related to the others, police said. But the investigation into Wednesday’s two stabbings is continuing and police have not ruled out a possible connection between them.
Bangor police were called to the emergency room at EMMC at around 5:15 a.m. Wednesday after an unidentified 27-year-old man reportedly was dropped off with stab wounds.
About two hours later, Newport police were called to the Irving gas station and discovered Jonathan Lehman, 22, lying in the grass with stab wounds to his chest, Newport Police Chief Leonard Macdaid said earlier this week. Newport police learned that Lehman had been stabbed in Bangor and contacted Queen City detectives.
Lehman was taken to Sebasticook Valley Hospital in Pittsfield and later taken to EMMC.
The conditions of the three stabbing victims was not available Friday afternoon. (Nok-Noi Ricker, BDN)