SEARSPORT — Searsport will offer fun for everyone at its annual Fling Into Fall celebration, Friday and Saturday, Oct. 7-8. Included in the schedule of events are two concerts, hayrides, public suppers, face painting, scarecrow and jack-o’-lantern competitions, and much more.
Among other highlights of the event will be live rock and pop music by Last Call at 7:15 p.m. Friday at the Public Safety Building, and a concert of German “oom-pah” music by Dirigo Winds at 2:30 p.m. Saturday, in Union Hall. Also on Saturday, a parade will pass down Main Street at 11 a.m., followed by an antique and classic car show at Mosman Park. For more information, visit http://www.searsportme.net/.
The schedule is:
Friday, Oct. 7
• 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Scarecrow and Jack-o’-Lantern Contest setup, The Crescent (Main Street lawn), Penobscot Marine Museum.
• 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Finer Things Invitational Craft Show and Sale, Museum Shop, Penobscot Marine Museum.
• 4:30-6 p.m., turkey supper, Searsport Methodist Church.
• 5 p.m., lighting of luminaries and jack-o’-lanterns, The Crescent and along Church Street.
Friday, Oct. 7, Public Safety Building
• 5:30 p.m., face painting.
• 6-8 p.m., MyChip Child Identification Program.
• 6 p.m., children’s activities.
• 6:30 p.m., candy hunt.
• 7 p.m., bonfire.
• 7:15-9 a.m., rock and pop music with Last Call.
Saturday, Oct. 8
• 7-9 a.m., public breakfast, Masonic Hall.
• 8-9 a.m., Art du jour registration, Old Vestry, Penobscot Marine Museum.
• 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Craft Show, Public Safety Building.
• 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Scarecrow Contest, people’s choice voting on The Crescent, Penobscot Marine Museum.
• 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Art du jour, watch artists at work on the museum campus and around Searsport.
• 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Free admission and Finer Things Craft Show and Sale, Penobscot Marine Museum.
• 11 a.m., parade, Main Street.
• 11:30 a.m.-2 p.m., Antique and Classic Car Show, Mosman Park.
• Noon-3 p.m., hayrides, Bangor Savings Bank.
• 12:30-3 p.m., Cowboy Action Shooting, back lawn, Penobscot Marine Museum.
• 2:30-3:30 p.m., German music concert, Dirigo Winds, Union Hall.
• 4:00-6 p.m., Art du jour silent auction, Old Vestry, Penobscot Marine Museum.
• 4:30 p.m., Scarecrow and Jack-o’-Lantern Contest awards on The Crescent, Penobscot Marine Museum.
• 5 p.m., Italian Supper, Searsport Congregational Church.
For more information, call the museum at 548-2529, ext.208.