BELFAST, Maine — Officials are investigating the unattended death Thursday morning of a 24-year-old Belfast man at his home. Without being more specific, police said the death might have been caused by an overdose of his medication.
Dennis Craig was found by his wife of one week, according to Officer Eric Kelley of the Belfast Police Department.
“She said she woke up and found her husband dead next to her,” he said Friday.
Craig had no visible signs of trauma and the police have turned the matter over to the Maine medical examiner’s office. Authorities there will do a blood toxicology screening and are likely to do an autopsy because of his young age, Kelley said.
“At this time, we don’t know what caused him to pass away,” the officer said. “We believe he may have taken too much of his medication.”