Dexter firefighters rescue family dog from Zion Hill Road blaze

By Judy Harrison, BDN Staff
Posted Sept. 09, 2011, at 9:56 p.m.

DEXTER, Maine — A Zions Hill Road residence sustained heavy smoke and some fire damage late Friday afternoon.

No one was home when the blaze broke out about 4:30 p.m. but the family pet that was rescued by firefighters, Assistant Fire Chief Rick Stocker said Friday night.

“When we arrived, I could see smoke coming from the kitchen area,” he said. “A passerby was using a garden hose to try to put it out.”

Firefighters were able to remove the standard poodle from the house and get the fire under control in within one hour.

Stocker said the fire started in the kitchen and was electrical in nature.

He declined to release the owner’s name but said the home was insured.

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/09/09/news/penobscot/dexter-firefighters-rescue-family-dog-from-zion-hill-road-blaze/ printed on July 23, 2014