Dexter firefighters rescue family dog from Zion Hill Road blaze

Posted Sept. 09, 2011, at 9:56 p.m.
Last modified Sept. 09, 2011, at 11:21 p.m.

DEXTER, Maine — A Zions Hill Road residence sustained heavy smoke and some fire damage late Friday afternoon.

No one was home when the blaze broke out about 4:30 p.m. but the family pet that was rescued by firefighters, Assistant Fire Chief Rick Stocker said Friday night.

“When we arrived, I could see smoke coming from the kitchen area,” he said. “A passerby was using a garden hose to try to put it out.”

Firefighters were able to remove the standard poodle from the house and get the fire under control in within one hour.

Stocker said the fire started in the kitchen and was electrical in nature.

He declined to release the owner’s name but said the home was insured.

Recommend this article

SEE COMMENTS →

Learn about BDN Maine Digital Marketing Solutions
Learn about BDN Maine Digital Marketing Solutions
Learn about BDN Maine Digital Marketing Solutions

Similar Articles

More in Penobscot