New business? Expansion? Promotions? Send us the information at least seven to 10 days before the Thursday of publication.
Mail: The Beacon, P.O. Box 1329, Bangor 04402
CAMDEN — Allen Insurance and Financial has announced that Stephanie Griffin has passed the Maine State Property & Casualty Producer licensing exam.
Griffin, of Camden, joined Allen Insurance and Financial in late 2010 as a receptionist in the company’s Camden office.
A native of Appleton, Griffin is attending the University of Maine in Augusta, working toward a bachelor’s degree in public administration. She has already earned a certificate in human resource management from UMA.
Griffin, who had not worked in insurance before joining Allen Insurance and Financial, participated in the company’s in-house education program, where employees who want to become licensed insurance producers in Maine attend class for four hours each week, then study and prepare for the state licensing exam on their own time.
BELFAST — Belfast VIP held its third annual Starrett Drive Car Show on Aug. 27. Trophy winners were:
• Best of Show, George Smith, 1965 Ford Mustang.
• Best pre-1950s and Under Construction, Jim Greenlaw, 1937 Chevy “Rat Rod.”
• Best 1950s and Best Paint, Larry Deane, 1955 Chevy Bel Air.
• Best 19 60s, Howard Dakin, 1967 Chevy C-10.
• Best 1970s and Best Tuner, James Clayton, 1973 VW “Herbie” Beetle.
• Best post-1970s, Jerry Hinson , 2000 Chevy Camaro SS.