Couple identified in suspected carbon monoxide deaths in Raymond

The Associated Press
Posted Aug. 31, 2011, at 12:15 p.m.

RAYMOND, Maine — Officials have released the names of an elderly couple who are thought to have died of carbon monoxide poisoning from a generator in their summer home that had lost electricity during Tropical Storm Irene.

The victims were identified Wednesday as 85-year-old Lewis Somers III and his wife, 84-year-old Elizabeth Somers. The Somers, who were from Lafayette Hill, Pa., were found inside their Raymond home Tuesday afternoon.

Officials say when firefighters entered the home, a generator was running in the basement and carbon monoxide levels were high.

The entire area was without power as a result of Tropical Storm Irene, which roared across Maine on Sunday.

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/08/31/news/portland/couple-identified-in-suspected-carbon-monoxide-deaths-in-raymond/ printed on September 30, 2014