September 24, 2017
Portland Latest News | Poll Questions | Hurricane Maria | Orion Krause | Obamacare

Couple identified in suspected carbon monoxide deaths in Raymond

The Associated Press
Updated:

RAYMOND, Maine — Officials have released the names of an elderly couple who are thought to have died of carbon monoxide poisoning from a generator in their summer home that had lost electricity during Tropical Storm Irene.

The victims were identified Wednesday as 85-year-old Lewis Somers III and his wife, 84-year-old Elizabeth Somers. The Somers, who were from Lafayette Hill, Pa., were found inside their Raymond home Tuesday afternoon.

Officials say when firefighters entered the home, a generator was running in the basement and carbon monoxide levels were high.

The entire area was without power as a result of Tropical Storm Irene, which roared across Maine on Sunday.


Did we get something wrong? Please, Let us know, submit a correction.

You may also like