BANGOR — Bangor Public Library will begin its fall programs on Monday, Sept. 12, at 145 Harlow St. Every age group has a program, from birth to teen. The Children’s Department will offer 12 programs a week. All are welcome to stop by and find the right one for them.
The programs are:
• “Read to Me,” 10:15-10:45 a.m. Mondays, in the Story Room. Children ages 2-5 are invited to attend this program with a parent or guardian.
• “Mother Goose Storytime,” 10:15-10:35 a.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays, in the Story Room. Babies up to 24 months are welcome to participate with a parent or guardian.
• “Tiny Tots,” 11-11:30 a.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays, in the Story Room. 2- to 4-year-olds may come with their participating adult and listen to stories, sing songs, do a craft and get a snack.
• “ABC Crafts,” 11-11:30 a.m. Saturday, in the Story Room. Children ages 3-6 are invited to attend with their participating adult. There will be stories, games, crafts and snacks.
• “Maryann’s Night Storytime,” 6-6:30 p.m. Thursdays, in the Story Room.
• “Goody Gang,” 3:30 p.m. Mondays and 10:30 a.m. Fridays. Children in kindergarten through second grade are invited to come and hear stories and poems. There is always a special treat for all who attend.
• “Coveted Crafts,” 3:30 p.m., third Wednesday of the month, for third-, fourth- and fifth-graders.
• “Chapter Chums,” 4-4:45 p.m. Tuesdays. Third- and fourth-graders can meet and read great books, play puzzles and do crafts. A free book is provided to each participant.
• “The Library Club,” 3:30-4:15 p.m. every other Friday, beginning Sept. 16, for fourth-, fifth- and sixth-graders. Members of the Library Club have access to an exclusive meeting room. They can view books before they go into circulation and select books for the library. Members also are able to check out without their library card.
• “Shane’s Surprise Book Group,” 3:30 p.m. Fridays, starting Sept. 23. The book group is a cross between a book club and a birthday party. For fifth- and sixth-graders.
• Christine’s “Teen Reader’s Theatre,” 4:30 p.m. every other Wednesday.
• “Teen Fantasy Book Club,” 4-5 p.m. every other Wednesday, starting Sept. 21, in the Board Room.
• “Teen Anime Club,” 3-5 p.m. second Monday of the month, beginning Sept. 12, in the Board Room. Club members are invited to check out the library’s manga and graphic novel selection and make suggestions to add to the collection.