HERMON, Maine — The Summer Sizzler Fun Days will be held Friday and Saturday, Aug. 12-13, on Billings Road, sponsored by the Hermon Recreation Department. Activities will range from a parade and sports to children’s games, a street dance with Motor Booty Affair and fireworks.
Friday, Aug. 12
• Adult coed softball tournament, 5 p.m., recreation fields 2 and 3, in back of Hermon Elementary School, Billings Road.
• Little Miss Hermon Pageant, 6:30 p.m., Hermon High School auditorium, Route 2. Admission $3.
Saturday, Aug. 13
• 7-9 a.m. Early Bird Breakfast, Lynde Masonic Lodge, Hermon Corner.
• 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Benefit yard sale, Hermon Elementary School.
• 8 a.m. Adult coed softball tournament, recreation fields 2 and 3, in back of Hermon Elementary School, Billings Road.
• 3-on-3 basketball tournament, outdoor courts, Hermon Elementary School. Students from Carmel, Levant and Hermon. Middle school girls and boys, register 8 a.m.; high school girls and boys, register 2 p.m.
• 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Craft and business fair, Hermon Elementary School
• 11 a.m. Summer Sizzler Parade, from Hermon High School on Route 2 to Hermon Elementary School on Billings Road.
• Noon-2 p.m. Classic cars, in front of Hermon Elementary School.
• Noon-4 p.m. Carnival Land and games area with climbing wall, mechanical bull, water slide, rock climb slide, bounce houses, obstacle course and carnival games. $5 for wristband.
• 12:30 p.m. Morita’s School of Dance, under big tent on Stage 2.
• Lunchtime, food vendors.
• 12:30-2:30 p.m. Hand-walked pony rides by Stepping Stone Farm. $1.
• 1-4 p.m. Climbing wall with “extreme air jumper,” by Maine Rock Gym. Five climbers and two jumpers at a time. $3 per climb-jump.
• 1 p.m. Blue Northern Band, Stage 1.
• 1 p.m. RC Flying Club, demonstration of radio control airplanes.
• 2 p.m. Hula hoop competition. Register early at info table.
• 2 p.m. Karaoke under the big tent on Stage 2.
• 2 p.m. Blue Northern Band, Stage 1.
• 3 p.m. Levi Rounders Square Dance Club, under the big tent on Stage 2.
• 4 p.m. Hermon Pans steel drum show, Stage 2.
• 8-10 p.m. Street dance with Motor Booty Affair. Gates open 6 p.m. $3, free seniors and age 12 and under. Includes fireworks show at dusk by Central Maine Pyrotechnics over the recreation fields at Hermon Elementary School.
For information, visit http://www.hermon.net.