Bangor man accused of sexually assaulting boy

By Nok-Noi Ricker, BDN Staff
Posted Aug. 03, 2011, at 7:42 p.m.

BANGOR, Maine — Police are releasing few details about the arrest of an Essex Street man last month who was charged with having unlawful sexual contact with a 14-year-old boy, Bangor police Sgt. Paul Edwards said Wednesday.

Christopher Emery, 21, was arrested on July 20 and charged with the felony after an investigation conducted by Bangor police Detective Larry Morrill. The boy and his mother told police the crime occurred on July 16 at Emery’s residence, Edwards said.

The release of information about the arrest was delayed because of the involvement of the juvenile, the sergeant said, and because the investigation is continuing.

Emery was taken to the Penobscot County Jail.

Emery was convicted of assault in April 2009 and theft by unauthorized taking or transfer in October 2010, according to court listings printed in the Bangor Daily News.

If convicted of the felony unlawful sexual contact charge, Emery could face up to five years in prison and a fine of up to $5,000.

Emery had an initial court appearance on June 22 and his next court appearance is scheduled for Sept. 13, Assistant District Attorney Mike Roberts said Wednesday.

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/08/03/news/bangor/bangor-man-accused-of-sexually-assaulting-boy/ printed on July 23, 2014