ELLSWORTH — The Maine Community Foundation’s Community Building Grant Program recently awarded $35,275 in grants to the following 12 Knox County nonprofits:
• North Haven Arts & Enrichment, which will use the funds to support the “It’s Our Future Too: Middle School Island Sustainability Conference.”
• Arts and Recreation Center, The ARC, Vinalhaven, to hire a farm educator to work with students in an agricultural and culinary training program through ARCafe.
• Camden Public Library, Camden, to support “An American Cultural Journey — Books, Music and Movies!” three programs highlighting a visit by author David McCullough.
• Coastal Mountains Land Trust, Camden, for staffing and training to improve the capacity of the trust’s volunteer program.
• Genesis Fund, Damariscotta, to provide technical assistance to the Isle au Haut Community Development Corp. enabling access to funding from MaineHousing to build affordable, year-round housing.
• Midcoast Magnet, Camden, for facilitator training for the Midcoast Magnet board and collaborating partners.
• Out As I Want to Be, Rockland, to hire a part-time executive director.
• Penobscot Marine Museum, Searsport, for the creation of a traveling exhibit of historic photographs of towns in Knox County from the museum’s Eastern Illustrating and Publishing Co. collection.
• Restorative Justice Project of the MidCoast, Belfast, for the purchase of a Web-based data management program.
Rockland Historical Society, Rockland, to upgrade a computer and hire two consultants and two technicians to scan and catalog 2,000 historical photos in the collection.
• The Coastal Children’s Museum, Rockland, to arrange and attend a professional board training session and guided retreat.
• The Community School, Camden, for expansion of the Green Project Initiative.
A volunteer committee of Knox County residents and business leaders reviews grants and makes recommendations for funding. The next deadline for applying is Feb. 15, 2012. Application and guidelines will be available this fall at http://www.mainecf.org/.