FRIENDSHIP — Friendship Day continues with these events:
Friday, July 29
• Seafood Chowdah Contest, Masonic Hall. People’s choice for the best Friendship seafood chowdah.
Saturday, July 30
• 6:30 a.m., registration for 18th annual 1K and 5K road races at the Advent Church parking lot. John, 354-0409.
• 7 a.m., ninth annual pancake breakfast, 8:30 a.m., bake and craft tables, the Advent Church. Crafters. Penny, 832-6089.
• 9 a.m., marine touch tank, presentation on lobsters, the Lobster Conservancy.
• 10 a.m, parade. Theme: “Friendship — The Sea …We eat from it, we work it, we paint it, we play in it.” Grand marshal is Sally Roberts, keeper of the town’s Boston Cane. Antique and classic cars, historical displays, chorus groups, bands, bicycles, horses and floats invited to participate. Wanda, 832-7207.
• 11 a.m., arts, photo and sculpture displays, St. George carriage rides, children’s events, games and activities, The Great Stephan, concession stands, Famous Friendship Fire Department Lobster Rolls, Midcoast Community Band, Jim Loney and Kat Logan.
• 1 p.m., auction in the Hahn Center. Joel Fearn, 832-7644 or 354-7036.
• 5 p.m., chicken barbecue. For pre-orders, Susie Simmons, 354-2105.
• 5:30 p.m., coed adult pickup softball game, town field.
• 9 p.m., fireworks in the harbor. Rain date Sunday, July 31.
Sunday, July 31
• 10 a.m., open community musical service under the tent, hosted by both churches.
• Noon, second annual Art in the Big Tent, with more than 20 local and midcoast artists showcasing their paintings and works. Food available from the Fire Department.