The annual Merryspring Kitchen Tour is a chance to spend the day peeking into kitchens in the Camden-Rockport-Lincolnville area and sample the cuisine of local chefs.
Proceeds from this popular summertime event support Merryspring Nature Center and its year-round nature and environmental education programs. The Kitchen Tour is sponsored by EBS Style Solutions of Camden.
This year’s Kitchen Tour will be at 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 3. Give yourself plenty of time to visit the kitchens, in any order and at your own pace. Tickets bought before the day of the tour are $25 for the whole day. Purchase a ticket the day of the tour for $30 at any of the kitchens, or at Merryspring Nature Center on Conway Road, Camden. A ticket for an individual kitchen is $10.
To purchase a $25 ticket in advance, stop in at Merryspring or any of these locations through Tuesday, Aug. 2: Camden: Surroundings, Party Fundamentals, Stonewall Kitchen; Rockport: The Market Basket; Rockland: Atlantic Baking Co.; Lincolnville: Dot’s Market; Belfast: The Good Table; Waldoboro: The Well Tempered Kitchen. Advance tickets are also available by e-mailing email@example.com or calling 236-2239. Tickets will be held at Merryspring for pickup the day of the tour.
The 2011 Kitchen Tour features these homeowners and chefs:
• Christine Kenna, Camden, with Paolina’s Way (a.m.) and EJ’s Restaurant (p.m.) Enter a drawing for a door prize at this stop. Win a basket of local fine chocolates.
• Joyce Tenneson, Rockport, with Primo (a.m.) and Old World Potato Co. (p.m.). Book signing in the morning by author and photographer Joyce Tenneson.
• Harrah Lord, with Amalfi on the Water (a.m.) and The Market Basket (p.m.).
• Ron Kurzius, with Prism Restaurant & Gallery (a.m.) and French & Brawn (p.m.). Interior by Chatfield Design, Rockport. Book signing in the morning by local cookbook author Elinor Klivans.
• Special tasting: EBS Style Solutions model kitchen, Camden, FIORE Artisan Olive Oils & Vinegars (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.). Raffle at this stop — win a dinner at Francine Bistro, Camden, or Shepherd’s Pie, Rockport. Cool drinks and restroom also available.
• Susan Hoguet, Camden, with Laura Cabot Catering (a.m.) and Cappy’s Chowder House (p.m.).
• Diana & Bob Falciani, Camden, with 40 Paper (a.m.) and Darby’s Restaurant & Pub (p.m.).
• Bettina Doulton, Cellardoor Winery, Lincolnville, with Megunticook Market all day.
For information about the Kitchen Tour, call Merryspring at 236-2239 or visit http://www.merryspring.org/.