ROCKLAND — The following activities are planned this summer at the Coastal Children’s Museum, Sharp’s Point South, 75 Mechanic St. Note some of the workshops require advanced sign-up because of space or supplies, and all of the workshops are included in the price of admission and are free for members unless noted otherwise. Summer opening hours are 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday and 1-4 p.m. Sundays. Sign-up for activities can be made at firstname.lastname@example.org or 596-0300 or by stopping by the office.
• Lowe’s Build and Grow woodworking workshop, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Sunday, July 31. Space is limited to 15 children. Sign-up required.
• Maine Boats and Harbors Show, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Saturday, Aug.13. Make some boats to decorate and set sail. This event is held in the Maine Boats and Harbors event, and their admission price applies.
• Midcoast Music Together Music and Movement workshop, 11-11:45 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 21. Jess Day, director for Midcoast Music Together, a licensed provider of Music Together International, offers classes for children and their families. Music Together is an internationally recognized early childhood music program that emphasizes natural family-style learning by encouraging involvement with the whole family. Workshop space is limited to 12 families. Sign-up will be first come, first served.
• “Let’s Learn about Our Ocean,” with Alfred Peterson, 1:30-2:30 p.m. every Sunday in August. Appropriate for children ages 5 to 10.
• Whimsical Wednesday Series, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. every Wednesday. Each Wednesday there will be a different theme and activity: Aug. 3, Painting Sea Scenes at the Arty Party Space; Aug. 10, Magical Monarch, butterfly and caterpillar craft activity; Aug. 17, Tissue paper windsock-making workshop; Aug. 24, Making shell planters (preregistration required).
• Lowe’s Build and Grow woodworking workshop, 10:30-11:30 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 20. Space limited to 15 children. Sign-up required.