CORINTH, Maine — Activities have been announced for the Corinth Bicentennial this weekend:
Thursday, July 14
• 7 p.m., celebration warm-up, old-time gospel group, music, singing and fellowship, Corinth Town Office.
Friday, July 15 (all events at the Central High School-Central Middle School grounds)
• 5-7 p.m., car show.
• 5 p.m., ice cream social put on by the Safe Place Food Pantry.
• 5 p.m., food vendors.
• 5-8 p.m., Largest inflatable amusements in Maine.
• 6-7 p.m., swing-dance demonstration.
• 7-8:15 p.m., Bruce Nye the Elvis Guy.
• 8:30 p.m., outdoor family movie, “Cars.”
Saturday, July 16 (all events at the Central High School-Central Middle School grounds)
• 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Trolley rides.
• 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Corinth Historical Society Museum open.
• 11 a.m.-4 p.m., craft fair.
• 11 a.m.-8 p.m., food vendors.
• 11 a.m.-8 p.m., largest inflatable amusements in Maine.
• 11 a.m.-8 p.m., kids games and activities.
• 11 a.m.-9 p.m., entertainment on stage.
• Noon-2 p.m., Pony rides and train rides.
Sunday, July 17, Community Day (all events at Town Park)
• 9-10 a.m., community worship.
• 11 a.m.-noon, family picnic.
• Noon-4 p.m., family games and activities: pony rides, pig scramble, three-legged race, sack race, egg toss, pie-eating contest, pedal tractors, 3-on-3 basketball tournament, Corinth town teams’ baseball and baseball exhibition games.
• Noon-4 p.m., home goods and arts and crafts display and judging.
• Noon-4 p.m., antique farm equipment display.
• Noon-4 p.m., horse show, East Ridge Stables.
• 2-3 p.m., lecture, “Maine in the Civil War,” by Steve Bunker of the 1st Maine Calvary Re-enacting Organization.
• 4 p.m., closing ceremony.