ORONO, Maine — Everything is ready for Stillwater Artsapalooza, a festival of performing and visual arts scheduled for 6-10 p.m. Saturday, June 25, in downtown Orono.
More than 40 artists will help kick off the summer with acts ranging from theater to music to visual art and dance. The schedule is:
- Orono Fire Department: 6-10 p.m., pick up your schedule and map for Stillwater Artsapalooza and information on fall events.
- Church of Universal Fellowship: 6-6:40 p.m., Nate and Dan Lesser, strings; 7-7:40, Robinson Ballet; 8-8:40, Lauren Onsrud, opera; 9-9:40, Colin & Friends sing Broadway.
- Orono Town Council Chambers: 6-6:40 p.m., Orono High School Drama; 7-7:40, Orono School Strings; 8-8:40, Cody Miller, instrumental; 9-9:30, Orono Community Theatre; 9:30-10, Orono Community Theatre.
- Ted Curtis Law Firm: Visual artists — Beverly Antonitis, painting; John and Ginny Hackney, jewelry; Julie Miller, painting; Jessi Sader, textiles; Fariba Dayhim, painting; Ency Whitehill and James White, minerals.
- Asa Adams Elementary School: 6-6:40 p.m., Ann Ross Dance and University of Maine Summer Music Theatre Festival, “Sweeney Todd”; 7-7:40, Dirigo Winds Band; 8-8:40, Chris and Dan Crocker, swing dancing and instruction; 9-9:40 p.m., The Blast Addicts, rock music.
- Verve: 6-6:40 p.m., Good-Time Sounds, a cappella music; 7-7:40, Park Street Pickers; 8-8:30, Sandy Phippen, book reading & Maine stories; 8:40-9:40, Story Slam, storytelling.
- Fiberphilia: Visual artists, Janet Bilyk, jewelry; Nancy Prisk, jewelry; Eva Szillery, origami; Esther Taylor, painting.
- Harvest Moon: 6:00-6:40 p.m., Jim Chasse and Friends, acoustic guitar and vocals; 7-7:40, Greta Landis and Lyndsy Shuman, speech performance; 8-8:40, The Artesani Women, Laura,
- Carolyn, and Emily; 9-9:40 Nate and Dan Lesser and Yada Lee, Gershwin Strings.
- The Store: 6-6:30 p.m., Rich Kenefic, classical guitar; 6:35-6:55, Travis Baker, poetry/prose; 7-7:40, Good-Time Sounds,a cappella music.
- Maine Maven: 6-6:40 p.m., Greta Landis, Hannah Cyrus, Annie Monroe, folk music; 7-7:40, Bob Klose, book reading.
- The Roost: 6-6:40 p.m., Old Town High School Jazz Combo; 7-7:40, Molly Webster, vocals; 8-8:40, Velma, vocal jazz; 9-9:40, Harbour Blue, punk rock.