Fire damages Addison home

Posted June 20, 2011, at 9:41 p.m.

ADDISON, Maine — Fire Chief Sheldon Trundy of the Addison Fire Department suspects an electrical malfunction caused a house fire early Monday evening at 65 Eastside Road.

The older wooden farmhouse received heavy fire damage to an ell and some smoke damage to the rest of the house. Trundy said he will return to the scene early Tuesday to inspect the home by daylight but he believes the fire started where the electrical service entrance is to the home.

Trundy said the home was unoccupied and owner Peter Fealy, who lives in the southern part of the state, had a painting crew in the home all day getting it ready to be rented. It is unknown if Fealy is insured.

Trundy said it only took firefighters about a half hour to get the fire under control. It was reported about 5:40 p.m. by a neighbor who spotted flames and smoke. Firefighters from Harrington, Columbia, Columbia Falls and Jonesport assisted the Addison Fire Departrment. No one was injured.