May 27, 2018
Down East Latest News | Poll Questions | Memorial Day | Bangor Day Trips | Center for Wildlife

Fire damages Addison home

By Sharon Kiley Mack, BDN Staff

ADDISON, Maine — Fire Chief Sheldon Trundy of the Addison Fire Department suspects an electrical malfunction caused a house fire early Monday evening at 65 Eastside Road.

The older wooden farmhouse received heavy fire damage to an ell and some smoke damage to the rest of the house. Trundy said he will return to the scene early Tuesday to inspect the home by daylight but he believes the fire started where the electrical service entrance is to the home.

Trundy said the home was unoccupied and owner Peter Fealy, who lives in the southern part of the state, had a painting crew in the home all day getting it ready to be rented. It is unknown if Fealy is insured.

Trundy said it only took firefighters about a half hour to get the fire under control. It was reported about 5:40 p.m. by a neighbor who spotted flames and smoke. Firefighters from Harrington, Columbia, Columbia Falls and Jonesport assisted the Addison Fire Departrment. No one was injured.

Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like