BANGOR — The Acadia Hospital presented its 2011 Nursing and Collaborative Awards on Nurse’s Day, May 11. Honored were:
• Nurse practitioner Melissa Charette, Nurse of the Year.
• Sherry Wardwell, Psychiatric Technician of the Year.
• Dr. Marie Raine, Collaborative Award for Physicians.
• Michelle Bittrich, licensed clinical social worker, Collaborative Award for Clinician.
• Lee Shelley, Collaborative Award for Ancillary Personnel.
Highlighting the Nurse’s Day presentations was an address by Eric Arauz, an internationally known inspirational speaker, award-winning mental health advocate and adjunct faculty member at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Through his own recovery journey, Arauz has dedicated his life to working with professionals and consumers about “Trauma-Informed Recovery Principles” and “Existential Buy-In.”