ROCKPORT — The Picker Family Resource Center will offer a special class, “What to Do and When to Worry: Diabetes Control through Healthy Eating,” 6-7:30 p.m. Thursday, June 16. In this nutrition talk, participants can get answers to these questions:
• Beyond carbohydrates, what affects blood sugar and weight, and what should you eat
to stay healthy?
• What role does the glycemic index play in diabetes?
• How does your diet compare to what you need?
• What foods are good or bad for your heart?
• Do you need a supplement, and if so, what and how much?
The class is free and open to the public. Sample menus and other resources will be available.
Call the Picker Family Resource Center at 596-8950 to register by June 6, if possible.
The Picker Family Resource Center is located in the Women’s Health building on the Pen Bay
Medical Center campus on Glen Cove Drive, off Route 1. Use the door on the side of the building. Call 596-8950 for directions if needed.