September 23, 2017
Augusta Latest News | Poll Questions | Stephen King | Hurricane Maria | Aaron Hernandez

Augusta contractor pays for 2 quarry blasts

The Associated Press
Updated:

AUGUSTA, Maine — A Maine quarry owner and contractor has signed an agreement with the city of Augusta acknowledging a subcontractor failed to notify neighbors of two quarry blasts that sent dust into local neighborhoods.

Contractor Steve McGee agreed to pay $3,500 through subcontractor Maine Drilling and Blasting, which wrote the check.

McGee signed the agreement after the city filed suit against his company, Steve McGee Construction.

The Kennebec Journal says the agreement was a result of two blasts at McGee’s quarry operation near the Grandview neighborhood, on Nov. 3 and Dec. 14 of last year.

In March, the city said McGee Construction failed to notify neighbors within a certain distance of the pit before the blasts, as required by city ordinance.

 


Did we get something wrong? Please, Let us know, submit a correction.

You may also like