Abbot fire leaves family of 7 homeless

Posted May 15, 2011, at 6:51 p.m.
Last modified May 16, 2011, at 5:23 p.m.

ABBOT, Maine — A family of six was left homeless Sunday after a fire destroyed their large mobile home at 28 Juanita Lane.

No one in the Valor Kand family was injured, but a Guilford firefighter was taken to Mayo Regional Hospital in Dover-Foxcroft with chest pains, Guilford Fire Chief Allen Emerson said Sunday night.

Emerson said that as of 6:15 p.m. Sunday, he did not know the man’s condition.

The Red Cross had been called to assist the family, the chief said.

In addition to Guilford, firefighters from Sangerville, Dover-Foxcroft, Monson, Dexter, Cambridge and Shirley went to the scene of the fire, reported at 2:01 p.m., according to Emerson.

“It came in as a fully involved structure fire, and when we got there, it was fully involved,” he said. “It took between an hour and an hour and a half to get the fire under control. It started around the wood stove and the chimney.”

The home was not insured.

CORRECTION:

The Valor Kand family has six members, not seven.

SEE COMMENTS →

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business

Similar Articles

More in Piscataquis