Abbot fire leaves family of 7 homeless

Posted May 15, 2011, at 6:51 p.m.
Last modified May 16, 2011, at 5:23 p.m.

ABBOT, Maine — A family of six was left homeless Sunday after a fire destroyed their large mobile home at 28 Juanita Lane.

No one in the Valor Kand family was injured, but a Guilford firefighter was taken to Mayo Regional Hospital in Dover-Foxcroft with chest pains, Guilford Fire Chief Allen Emerson said Sunday night.

Emerson said that as of 6:15 p.m. Sunday, he did not know the man’s condition.

The Red Cross had been called to assist the family, the chief said.

Story continues below advertisement.

In addition to Guilford, firefighters from Sangerville, Dover-Foxcroft, Monson, Dexter, Cambridge and Shirley went to the scene of the fire, reported at 2:01 p.m., according to Emerson.

“It came in as a fully involved structure fire, and when we got there, it was fully involved,” he said. “It took between an hour and an hour and a half to get the fire under control. It started around the wood stove and the chimney.”

The home was not insured.

CORRECTION:

The Valor Kand family has six members, not seven.

Recommend this article

SEE COMMENTS →

Similar Articles

More in Piscataquis