BELFAST — Belfast Bay Watershed Coalition will observe its sixth annual Bird Celebration with these activities:
• 6 a.m. Saturday, May 14, Migratory Bird Walk, Coastal Mountain Land Trust’s Ducktrap Preserve. Led by coalition president Cloe Chunn and Coastal Mountain Land Trust development director Kristen Lindquist.
• 7:30 p.m. Sunday, May 15, local naturalist Mike Shannon will conduct a Full Moon Woodcock Watch. Meet in the Waldo County YMCA parking lot.
• 7 a.m. Monday, May 16, join Cloe Chunn and local birder Ron Harrell at the Probert Memorial Forest in Searsport to survey and count birds for the Small Wood Lot Owners Association of Maine.
• Tuesday, May 17, travel the Warbler Express on the Bird Bus with local birder Seth Benz. Meet at 8:15 a.m. at the YMCA parking lot on Route 52. $12 is payable at time of registration at the YMCA. 338-4598. The deadline to register is Friday, May 13. The bus will return at noon.
• Wednesday, May 18, meet at the farm of Cloe Chunn and Dr. David Thanhauser, 210 Oak Hill Road, Swanville. Arrive anytime between 7-8 a.m. and join the group to see the field, woodland and pond birds. For more information, call 338-1147.
• 7 p.m. Friday, May 20, go birding along the Little River Community Trail. Meet at the lower end of the Walsh Ball Field parking lot, Route 52 in Belfast, approximately across the road from the YMCA.
For more information, call Skip Pendleton at 338-4427.