Lighten up your diet with these satisfying treats!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Number of servings: 4
Serving size: 2 eggrolls
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp sesame oil (optional)
2 tsp fresh ginger, minced (or ½ tsp dried)
2 tsp garlic, minced (about 2 cloves)
4 C cabbage (napa or Chinese), rinsed and shredded
2 C carrots, peeled and sliced in thin strips
2 C grilled boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips (about 4 small breasts)
1 tsp lite soy sauce
8 phyllo dough sheets
Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 ºF.
- Heat vegetable and sesame oils in a large wok or sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add ginger and garlic. Stir fry quickly, about 30–45 seconds.
- Add cabbage and carrots. Continue stir frying until the cabbage is soft, about 2–3 minutes.
- Add chicken and soy sauce. Toss well and heat through.
- Remove mixture from the pan, and place in a large colander to drain.
- To assemble eggrolls, cover layers of phyllo with a damp cloth to stay moist. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a cutting board. Spray it lightly with cooking spray. Top with another layer of phyllo dough, and spray again. Repeat for a total of four layers. Prepare a second stack with the remaining four layers.
- Cut layered dough into four squares. Divide filling evenly (about 1 cup portions) into the center of each stack of squares. Fold one corner of the square into the middle (on top of the filling). Fold in the two sides, and roll the eggroll over so the folded parts are on the bottom.
- Place the rolls on a nonstick baking sheet, and bake for 15–20 minutes, or until brown and crisp and chicken is reheated. Serve immediately.
Total fat- 11 g
Saturated fat -2 g
Sodium- 320 mg
Total fiber -3 g
Protein -26 g
Carbohydrates -30 g
Potassium -416 mg
Vitamin A - 230%
Vitamin C - 45%
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.