Joining a chamber of commerce gives a business or organization extensive visibility to both the local community as well as on a much broader global scale. We have a diverse set of marketing tools and services that members can take advantage of depending on their specific needs, ranging from business seminars and education to extensive networking opportunities.
If you are not a Chamber member, take a look at some of the many services and benefits that we can offer to your business or organization, including the following:
- Maine Discovery Coast Magazine — advertising opportunities and free business listing, which is distributed through the Chamber office, Maine Tourism Information Centers, chambers of commerce, members and trade shows. Thousands of copies are mailed every year, along with a searchable “flipbook” online version, which is hot linked to emails and websites for all members.
- www.therealmaine.com. Free business listing on our website, with sponsorship options, keyword searches, enhanced business listings, calendar listings and more.
- www.mainesmidcoast.com. Regional tourism website promoting midcoast Maine and our Chamber members, which is marketed in more than 400,000 Chamber guides.
- Visitor and Business Information Center — increased visibility with the display of member brochures and business cards on a year-round basis. More than 58,000 people per year access the chamber, seeking both visitor and business information.
- Advertising and sponsorship opportunities with our bimonthly Chamber newsletter, wedding package, relocation package and Chamber-sponsored events.
- Access to mailing lists of members, visitor inquiries and relocation inquiries.
- Educational seminars and workshops focused on relevant business issues, including human resources, social media, government contracting, marketing, health care and more.
- Access to cost savings programs, including health insurance, electricity aggregation and credit card processing.
- Networking venues, including our monthly Business-After-Hours, annual dinner and awards ceremony, Golf Social, Business Expo and Click!80 events.
- Inclusion in our weekly email to members, “The Monday Report,” which provides timely and relevant business information and general interest events.
- Volunteer opportunities on committees, ranging from education and member services to government and public affairs. We are always seeking creative ideas and involvement to achieve our goals.
- Advocacy and partnerships with cultural, educational, government and service organizations.
- Representation on statewide, regional and local economic development groups.
Shari Closter is the interim executive director of the Penobscot Bay Regional Chamber of Commerce. For more information, call 596-0376, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.TheRealMaine.com.