June 25, 2018
Down East Latest News | Poll Questions | Lone Star Ticks | Foraging | Bangor Pride

Mother, two children escape mobile home fire in Alexander

By Sharon Kiley Mack, BDN Staff

ALEXANDER, Maine — A candle left burning in a bedroom is being blamed for the total loss of a mobile home at 375 Cooper Road on Tuesday afternoon, according to Alexander Fire Chief Edward Burgess.

Burgess said that when firefighters arrived about 1:20 p.m., the bedroom was engulfed in flames and the fire spread quickly throughout the mobile home.

Tenant Brittany Hood and her two children lost everything, including the family cat, Burgess said. They were not insured. The trailer is owned by Erick Pike, Burgess said.

“[Hood] tried to put it out but it was moving too fast,” the chief said.

About 25 firefighters from Alexander, Calais and Baileyville responded to the call.

“It was a good turnout, especially for the middle of the workday,” Burgess said.

None of the responding firefighters was injured.

Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like