Cambridge homeowners extinguish barn fire caused by heat lamp

Posted March 09, 2011, at 8:14 p.m.

CAMBRIDGE, Maine — Firefighters responded to a fire in a barn on the Dexter Road on Wednesday morning, but by the time they arrived, the homeowners already had extinguished the blaze.

The unidentified homeowners had a heat lamp in the barn to keep piglets warm, but it got so hot it set fire to the barn floor, according to Fire Chief Robert Folsom. He said the residents quickly applied water and put the fire out as firefighters were arriving.

Damage was limited to the barn floor, Folsom said.

SEE COMMENTS →

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business

Similar Articles

More in Penobscot