DOVER-FOXCROFT, Maine — Charges of arson and aggravated criminal mischief stemming from a fire at a Milo mobile home in August were dismissed against a Milo man Monday in Dover-Foxcroft District Court as part of a plea bargain.
In exchange, Robert Anthony Desjardins, 42, pleaded guilty to reckless conduct and criminal mischief, the two remaining charges that he was indicted on in January. He was sentenced by Judge Kevin Stitham on Monday to six months on each charge, to be served concurrently. Desjardins has been in jail since the incident occurred on Aug. 28, so that time will count toward his sentence.
Piscataquis County District Attorney R. Christopher Almy said earlier this year that
Desjardins became angry with a woman he knew and allegedly tried to burn down her
mobile home. The Milo man was on probation at the time of the incident.
Almy said the woman was able to put the fire out before it advanced too far, but it did
cause damage. The State Fire Marshal’s Office was involved in the investigation.