Tool battery may have caused fire

By Diana Bowley, BDN Staff
Posted Feb. 24, 2011, at 11:29 p.m.

DOVER-FOXCROFT, Maine — A home owned by Arline Dean on Weston Road off Greeley’s Landing Road was damaged Thursday morning by fire.

“It’s all salvageable,” Dover-Foxcroft Fire Chief Joseph Guyotte said of the home. “We kept [the fire] in what we call ‘room and content,’ and that’s a good stop for anybody.”

He said the fire started at about 6:30 a.m. in the living room area and was contained there.

An investigator with the State Fire Marshal’s Office was on-site for much of the day sifting through the fire scene, along with state electrical inspectors and a state solid fuel representative.

Investigator Scott Richardson of the State Fire Marshal’s Office said Thursday afternoon that he couldn’t rule out that the fire source was a battery pack that had been left plugged in. The battery pack was for a cordless tool, he said.

Dean was not at home at the time of the fire. Guyotte said the home was insured.

Guilford and Sangerville firefighters assisted Dover-Foxcroft firefighters at the scene.

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/02/24/news/tool-battery-may-have-caused-fire/ printed on September 21, 2014