June 22, 2018
News Latest News | Poll Questions | Border Patrol | Pride | Maple Syrup

Electrical fire guts Parkman home

PARKMAN, Maine — A Parkman home was gutted by a fire Friday that started in the back of a kitchen where a computer was plugged in, according to Guilford Fire Chief Alan Emerson.

Investigator Scott Richardson of the State Fire Marshal’s Office, who inspected the scene, said Friday it was an accidental electrical fire. He said the fire appeared to have started inside the wall where a computer was plugged into an electrical socket.

A motorist passing by at approximately 9:30 a.m. reported the fire at the home of Milan Davis of Crow Hill Road. Davis was not home when the fire erupted, according to Emerson.

Emerson, whose department provides fire protection for Parkman, said flames were shooting from the building when firefighters arrived shortly after the call. The firefighters did a good job in knocking down the fire pretty quickly, he said. The two-story home had a lot of smoke and water damage.

Richardson said he was unsure whether the building was insured.

Firefighters from Sangerville, Dexter, Dover-Foxcroft and Monson assisted Guilford firefighters at the scene.

Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like