AUGUSTA — “Maine Street,” the statewide cable news magazine program produced by Time-Warner Cable, will feature the Maine Bureau of Parks and Lands as one of its four segments for its latest broadcast edition.
The program featuring the BPL segment will be broadcast regularly during the next two weeks on cable channel 9.
During the segment, Gary Best, assistant state park manager for the southern region, discusses three events taking place in February:
• Winter Family Fun Day, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 23, at Fort McClary State Historic Site, Kittery Point;
• Range Ponds Kids Ice Fishing Derby, sponsored by Kittery Trading Post, 9 a.m.-12 p.m., Friday, Feb. 25, at Range Ponds State Park, Poland Spring;
• Winter Family Fun Day, 10 a.m.-3 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 26, at Aroostook State Park, Presque Isle.
Laura Keating Maine Conservation Corps environmental educator discusses the guided snowshoe tours planned for the Androscoggin Riverlands State Park, Turner. They will take place 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Saturday, Feb. 12; Saturday, Feb. 26; and March 12 and feature
“Maine Street” will be broadcast the following times and days:
• 4 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 2;
• 11 a.m., Thursday, Feb. 3;
• 1 p.m., Saturday/Sunday, Feb. 5-6;
• 11:30 a.m., Thursday, Feb. 8;
• 4 p.m., Wednesday, Feb. 9;
• 11 a.m., Thursday, Feb. 10.
For more information and the complete schedule of upcoming “Take It Outside!” events at Maine State Parks, visit www.take-it-outside.com
For more information about the winter events and Maine state parks and historic sites, go to: http://www.parksandlands.com