Comments for: Officials blame cigarette for Pittsfield fire

Posted Feb. 01, 2011, at 9:14 p.m.

PITTSFIELD | A man who lives on Estelle Street told investigators that he is to blame for the fire that ripped though his home late Monday, Pittsfield Fire Chief Bernard Williams said Tuesday. “He fell asleep and dropped a cigarette” that caught his bedding on fire, Williams said. Robert …

Guidelines for posting on bangordailynews.com

The Bangor Daily News encourages comments about stories, but you must follow our terms of service.

  1. Keep it civil and stay on topic
  2. No vulgarity, racial slurs, name-calling or personal attacks.
  3. People who harass others or joke about tragedies will be blocked.
The primary rule here is pretty simple: Treat others with the same respect you'd want for yourself. Here are some guidelines (see more):

Similar Articles

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business