Man beaten in Bangor last week still in hospital

By Nok-Noi Ricker, BDN Staff
Posted Jan. 05, 2011, at 3:02 p.m.

BANGOR, Maine — The 37-year-old Hancock Street man who was badly beaten at his home a week ago is still in the hospital, Bangor police Sgt. Paul Edwards said Wednesday.

The man suffered severe facial injuries, including broken bones, during the Dec. 29 beating, and remains at Eastern Maine Medical Center, Edwards said. His condition was listed as stable on Wednesday, the sergeant said.

The victim was home alone when the attack occurred, and police were called to his residence around 4:10 p.m. Dec. 29, Edwards said.

Police are releasing few details about the beating, including whether they have a suspect or how many people were involved in the incident, because the case is still under investigation.

But Edwards said last week that “these people all knew each other” and that the crime was an “isolated incident.”

Detectives with the Bangor Police Department’s criminal investigations division and the evidence response team went to the man’s house and spent hours collecting evidence, Edwards said, declining to be more specific.

“The investigation is ongoing,” he said Wednesday. “We would like people to call if they have information” about the case.

Those with information about the case are asked to call Detective David Bushey at the Bangor Police Department at 947-7385, ext. 95762. The department’s anonymous tip line can be reached by selecting ext. 6.

http://bangordailynews.com/2011/01/05/news/bangor/man-beaten-in-bangor-last-week-still-in-hospital/ printed on December 25, 2014