Firefighter injured at apartment fire in Alfred

Posted Dec. 26, 2010, at 10:50 a.m.

ALFRED, Maine — Officials say a firefighter was injured and a homeowner suffered minor smoke inhalation in a Christmas night fire that destroyed a garage and two apartments above it.

According to WMTW-TV, firefighters were forced to shuttle in water to douse a fire in Alfred that was reported around 8 p.m. Saturday.

Officials said a firefighter was taken to a hospital for a shoulder injury, and the homeowner was treated at the scene.

Investigators with the state fire marshal’s office are investigating.

SEE COMMENTS →

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business

Similar Articles

More in Portland