November 17, 2017
Augusta Latest News | Poll Questions | Videos | Lincoln Mill Fire | Roy Moore

Christmas Day fire leaves Pittston couple homeless

PITTSTON, Maine — A local couple is homeless after a fire that started around a wood stove destroyed their trailer.

Betty and Richard White were not home when neighbors noticed the fire, which engulfed the building in less than 30 minutes, and evacuated the Whites’ two dogs.

The couple was spending the winter in the trailer because their house isn’t insulated, Pittston Fire Chief Jason Farris told the Kennebec Journal. The Whites lost “everything,” the paper reported.


Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like