January 18, 2018
Midcoast Latest News | Poll Questions | Real ID | Closings, Cancellations and Delays | Snow Storm

Fourth kidnapper sentenced in Rockland case

By Heather Steeves, BDN Staff

ROCKLAND, Maine — Four people will serve a total of 82 months in prison for kidnapping, assaulting and terrorizing an 18-year-old woman last December.

All four people have pleaded guilty to the charges lodged against them.

Felicity Hall Butler, 31, of Rockland, the last of the four, was sentenced Thursday to four years, with all but nine months suspended, on charges of kidnapping, assault and terrorizing.

Jessica Gagnon, 28, of Thomaston was sentenced to seven years for kidnapping, 12 months for violating the conditions of her release and for tampering with a witness, and nine months for assault and terrorizing. All but 16 months of her sentence were suspended.

Tara Corrieri, 27, of Augusta was sentenced to four years for kidnapping and nine months for assault, with all but nine months of her sentence suspended.

Zachary Clarke, 26, of Rockland received a 48-month sentence for kidnapping.

The sentences stem from an incident that occurred on Dec. 5, 2009, when Butler, Gagnon, Corrieri and Clarke’s teenage victim were invited for drinks at a Rockland apartment, according to police documents filed with Knox County Superior Court.

Once the victim arrived at the apartment, Gagnon grabbed the woman by her hair and dragged her while Butler pushed her out of the apartment, the report stated. Gagnon punched the teen while dragging her into the yard, down the street and into Gagnon’s car. The victim’s boyfriend, who was at the scene, said she appeared to have been knocked out, according to court documents.

That night, police found Gagnon and the victim inside another apartment, according to the police report. The teenager had bruising around both eyes and around her right ear and a cut under her right eye, according to the report.

The victim told police it was impossible to leave because the two women were guarding her, and that the women had told her she would be able to leave the apartment once her face healed.

The victim said Gagnon took her phone away and did not let her speak to anyone.

Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like