Dealing with indoor mold is a common problem for many homeowners. If you have never dealt with it before, there is a good chance you will have some questions. Here are a few common questions and answers, according to www.doityourself.com.
- Is it dangerous?
Most homeowners want to know whether mold is dangerous. While it will not hurt you immediately, it can definitely cause long-term health problems. You could experience respiratory problems, such as bleeding of the lungs, if the mold is not removed.
- Will it go away?
Indoor mold is not going to go away on its own. In fact, if you do not do anything, it can spread into other areas in your house. As soon as you realize that there is a mold problem in your home, you need to try and address it immediately.
- When should I get professional help?
It can be difficult to determine when you should handle the problem yourself and when to call in a professional mold remediation company. If you can do some of the work yourself, try to remove as much mold as possible. However, if the mold starts to get inside the walls, or in other hard-to-access places, you need to turn it over to a professional mold remediation company.