May 24, 2018
Mid-Maine Latest News | Poll Questions | Mark Eves | Any-Deer Permits | RCV Strategy

Teen dies after suffering severe burns

The Associated Press

MADISON, Maine — A teenager who suffered severe burns after a friend poured gasoline on a fire has died, according to an official from the Maine Fire Marshal’s office.

Officials say that 17-year-old Daniel Pomerleau of Madison, who formerly lived in Norridgewock, died Sunday at the Shriners Hospital in Boston.

Sgt. Ken Grimes of the state fire marshal’s office says two 17-year-old boys were at an outside cooking fire on Saturday evening when one of them, thinking the fire was mostly out, poured gasoline on it.

The fire flared and ignited Pomerleau’s clothing.

Pomerleau was taken to Maine Medical Center with severe burns over most of his body and then flown to Boston where he was pronounced dead at about 11 a.m. Sunday.

The name of the other boy, who was not hurt, was not released. The fire remains under investigation.

Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like