June 18, 2018
Bangor Latest News | Poll Questions | Tiny House Surprise | Antiquing | Stephen King

Man charged in assault on sea gull faces new charge

A Brewer man who was arrested Tuesday after allegedly throwing rocks at and breaking the wing of a sea gull in Bangor’s Pickering Square was arrested late Thursday for trespassing, Bangor police Sgt. Ed Potter said on Friday.

Juan Puig, 21, who was charged with cruelty to birds on Tuesday and was served with a one-year criminal trespass order for Pickering Square, was caught in the downtown square at around 9:15 p.m. Thursday. He was taken to Penobscot County Jail and was released at court on Friday, a jail official said.
(Nok-Noi Ricker, BDN)


A Millinocket man visiting The Acadia Hospital in Bangor early Friday was acting up and was asked to leave by the staff, who called police for assistance, Bangor police Sgt. Ed Potter said.

Wayne Cote, 38, was pulling out of the hospital on Stillwater Avenue when Officer Jason Linkletter noticed him and pulled him over. Cote, who is wanted on an outstanding warrant in connection with an assault in Millinocket, became belligerent and said he planned to sue the Police Department, Potter said.

Cote was arrested on the warrant and was issued a criminal trespass order for Acadia. He was taken to Penobscot County Jail and remained there Friday night, a jail official said.
(Nok-Noi Ricker, BDN)


Three residents of Bangor — one on Everett Street, one on Nelson Street and one on Ohio Street — reported that their vehicles were broken into sometime between Thursday night and early Friday morning, Sgt. Ed Potter said.

They were “all in the same general vicinity,” he said.

Car chargers, a GPS and other small electronic devices were taken from the vehicles, which were left unlocked, Potter said, adding that residents always should lock their vehicle doors to prevent thefts of opportunity.
(Nok-Noi Ricker, BDN)


Bangor police are investigating a break-in early Friday morning at the Subway sandwich shop on State Street.

Sgt. Ed Potter said the incident happened about 4 a.m. and that it remained under investigation. He said that police were alerted to the break-in when an alarm went off.

Potter said police were following leads but that no arrest had been made as of late Friday afternoon. He declined to comment on how the shop was entered and did not disclose what, if anything, was taken.
(Dawn Gagnon, BDN)

Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like