ROCKLAND, Maine — A fire that destroyed 3 tons of lobster in a storage building was caused by an electrical problem, according to Rockland’s fire chief.
It took firefighters about two hours to extinguish the blaze Sunday afternoon at an industrial park warehouse used by a lobster company owned by Linda Bean, granddaughter of L.L. Bean, who has a business called Linda Bean’s Perfect Maine.
Bean told reporters that she lost about 6,300 pounds of lobster and some equipment.
No injuries were reported.