Dixmont man accused of sexually assaulting girl, 6

By Christopher Cousins, BDN Staff
Posted Sept. 02, 2010, at 5:02 p.m.

BELFAST, Maine — A Dixmont man was arrested Thursday morning after admitting to two counts of felony gross sexual assault against a 6-year-old girl, according to a Waldo County detective.

Alfred Seekins, 49, of 17 Masonic Road was released from the Waldo County Jail at about 11:30 a.m. after posting $500 bail, according to a corrections officer at the jail.

Waldo County Detective Jason Bosco said the investigation started when the victim reported the assaults to a police officer. Seekins was interviewed at the Sheriff’s Department on Thursday morning and was arrested after confessing to the crimes, Bosco said. Seekins, who has no prior record of sex crimes, is scheduled to appear in Waldo County Superior Court in Belfast on Oct. 28.

The alleged assaults occurred in June in Waldo County, according to Bosco, who made the arrest. Seekins was not a stranger to the girl nor was he directly related to her, though Bosco declined to detail how Seekins knows her.

Asked whether Seekins exhibited any remorse for his alleged crimes, Bosco said he did and that Seekins was cooperative throughout the interview and arrest.

Waldo County Deputy District Attorney Eric Walker said Thursday afternoon that he had been briefed about the arrest but was not prepared to comment until he had seen more details about the case.

http://bangordailynews.com/2010/09/02/news/bangor/dixmont-man-accused-of-sexually-assaulting-girl-6/ printed on December 29, 2014