May 26, 2018
News Latest News | Poll Questions | Farm Bill | Memorial Day | Pigs Buried

Butcher shop explodes in York; three hurt

The Associated Press

YORK, Maine — Fire officials say a butane cooker exploded at a butcher shop in York, leaving three people with second-degree burns.

Fire Chief Chris Balentine says a vendor was cooking when the burner ignited, creating a fireball at about 4 p.m. Saturday at The Meat House.

Balentine says the vendor and two patrons were burned. York Hospital spokeswoman Dawn Fernald said Sunday morning that they were treated there and then released.

The state fire marshal’s office and the Department of Agriculture are investigating the explosion.


Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like