2 charged in Castle Hill home invasion

Posted June 09, 2010, at 10:40 a.m.
Last modified Jan. 30, 2011, at 11:37 a.m.

CASTLE HILL, Maine — Two Presque Isle residents were arrested Tuesday in connection with a home invasion Sunday on State Road.

Dustin Sutton, 22, was charged with burglary, theft, and violation of conditions of release, and a 16-year-old male juvenile was charged with burglary and theft, according to Sgt. Brian Harris of the Maine State Police in Houlton.

Sutton and the juvenile allegedly broke into the home of Betty and Lloyd Ellis early Sunday morning but left after Betty Ellis, 75, confronted them. A third person involved in the home invasion is being sought, Harris said Wednesday.

The juvenile also was charged with a separate burglary and theft that occurred at the Ellis’ home in April. In that break-in, money that included rolled commemorative quarters were taken.

It is unknown when Sutton will make his initial court appearance on the charges. The juvenile’s case will be handled through the juvenile justice system.

In Sunday’s home invasion, Betty Ellis said she heard a loud bang at about 2 a.m. and a few seconds later discovered her front door had been smashed in and two men were standing by her sink. She said she told the pair to get out of her house. When she said that, a third person who had been standing behind her shoved her into the kitchen cupboards.

After the April break-in, Ellis said she and her husband had barricaded all the back doors to their home hoping to prevent another break-in. Instead, Ellis said, the trio broke into her front door splattering glass throughout the entrance which left them with the costly replacement of yet another door.

Maine State Troopers Todd Stetson and Detective Dale Keegan were assisted in the arrests by the Presque Isle Police Department.

SEE COMMENTS →

ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business
ADVERTISEMENT | Grow your business

Similar Articles

More in Aroostook